2006-08-20

Office Work Is Funny

Funny? Familiar? Fantastic... a sampling of Useless Office Skills.

Through this site, I found links to other great (ie... funny and pointless) sites like this one, which shows more than 1000 Business and Computer cartoons. There's some good stuff in there.

There's also a link to a site called LaughNet, which includes jokes about Computers and the Workplace. I think I've read most of these before, but, it's always good to revisit and have a chuckle.

And of course, the quintessential office comic, Dilbert.
And, Scott Adams' Dilbert Blog. Stimulating and amusing reading, you should check it out...



Here are some site I've come across in my web wandering...

Nukees comic.

Heroes of Engineering comic on ASME.

Here's an eyeopening bit about Entertaining Engineers.

And of course, if you want to get Technically Funny, you can't forget Engineer-turned-standup comedian, Don McMillan. He was on Bob & Tom (radio show) earlier this week. Check out the video clip posted on his site, you'll want to buy his video.

You really can't talk about office humour without mentioning Ricky Gervais, creator of The Office.

And, finally, one of my favorite work experiences that we like to laugh about in the office.

In my facility we have one particular enclosed walkway which has always had problems with its cooling system. One day, I was walking through and stopped to talk to the HVAC mechanics who were up in the ceiling working on the equipment (which had been turned off during the repair, of course).

A little ways past us, they had set up a large fan to facilitate airflow during the downtime.

As we were talking, another employee walks past us and in front of the fan. She then declares loudly with incredulity 'Uh! Even the fan is blowing out hot air'. :-o

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't forget http://www.officeguns.com/

Mistress of the Dorkness said...

:-o Oh, my goodness. That. Is. Funny.

Now, I looked around the site, but, I didn't see any crossbows? (#2 pencil, rubber bands, paperclips, and something hard enough to do just a little carving)