2005-07-12

Lookin for LUG's in all the wrong places...

What? What in the world is a LUG?

For the uninitiated, LUG is an acronymn for Local Users Group.
AUGI (the autodesk users group international) has LUG's all over the world, although I'm sure they're not the only ones. We have a Microstation Users Group in the st. louis area as well.
CAD users come together at meetings to exchange tips, and try to gain benefits as a group (such as free/discounted software from vendors), as well as to network, and some provide newsletters with tips and industry articles



Sooo, where should you be looking for LUGs?

The Local Users Group forum on AUGI.com of course!!! I started a thread for users to find one another so that they can connect and form their own LUG, as I was lucky enough to do.

Don't know if there is already a LUG near you or not?
Search the LUG-finder.

There are users looking to connect in the following cities!

I'm in Winona, MN.
I would be willing to travel 30 miles or so, that includes LaCrosse, Wisconsin and Rochester, Minnesota.
***

We are in Roanoke, VA (Southwest Virginia) and have had a lot of talk recently by people in Roanoke, Lynchburg, Charlottesville for a LUG
***
I would be interested in one in the Washington DC/Baltimore Area
***
I am in the Brenham Texas area.I would consider driving to College Station.
***
Kansas City, Missouri area
***
Western New York - Buffalo, Tonawanda area
***
Las Vegas, Nevada... Seeking others to form a LUG, hopefully with Land Development

***
Goshen or Elkhart area Indiana. found an inventors UG in ft. wayne. i am looking for Revit users.

***
Tallahassee, Florida
***
Montreal, Canada
I am currently working on setting one up. I will need some help!

***
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada. Perhaps even one for the entire Province.
***
Albany, New York area for AutoCAD users would be appreciated - I believe the closest one is in Rochester, and that's too far for me.
***
East Texas area (Tyler). Closest one is in Dallas which is about 120 miles away, but with the diversification of the software I am finding it hard to find enough users that would be interested. I will put in the time if there is interest.
***
Northern Colorado Revit LUG
***
Any Connecticut LUGS? New Haven County? Fairfield County, or Hartford? New London area would be a bit far, but I would still attend when possible...Or also Westchester County New York State, along the 684, 84 corridor, or Western Massachussetts...
***
North Charleston, SC
***
Omaha or Lincoln, Nebraska
***
i am starting a LUG in the East Valley of The SunScottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler Arizona
***
cebu philippines
***
Detroit Michigan (just plain autocad?)
***
Houma, Louisiana
***
southwest part of Kansas in the Garden City area
***
Dallas, Texas, area
***
Boise Idaho
***
Tucson Arizona - there is a lug in my area but is is for ADT and architects, where as I use LDD and LT. I also work for civil and electrical.
***
Wellington, New Zealand......or more specifically Lower Hutt
***
We are starting a LUG in the York, PA area
***
south of Atlanta, I live in Lovejoy, Ga
***
Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada that use Revit
***
Columbus, Ohio
***
ANYWHERE in Wyoming
***
within driving distance from memphis, tenn
***
Tallahassee, Florida and would be interested in a LUG for the Capitol area
***
Hutchinson Kansas area
***Interested in BIM or Architectural LUG (ADT and or Revit) in Southern Oregon...possibly to serve Redding and north Cal as well
***
southfield or livonia michigan area
***
St. George, Utah. I would like a LDT LUG


That being said, the Autodesk and Revit Users Groups of St. Louis/Metro area will be meeting tonight. Food and drink will be provided, and we'll have presenters from Autodesk.

No comments: