Yes, that is sort of sad, given that this blog is dedicated to the serious and the professional... ~pause~ Okay, maybe not entirely. One reason I take so much pleasure in my work is that my colleagues enjoy a good laugh (see also: "You Might be a CAD Diva if...").
So, I think to myself... "Self, give the people what they want!" And, the people obviously want some Lord of the Rings Pickup Lines! So, I hit Google and found that, while there might be much innuendo, there were few one-liners of the type for which I was searching.
At the bottom of this post, I pasted in some of what I found, but, first, I'm going to try my hand at crafting a few original Lord of the Rings pickup lines:
- You don't need One Ring to find me.
- Baby, you're hotter than the cracks of Mount Doom.
- Your rejection would destroy me like an Ent destroys Isengard.
- So, hey, how about that Weather... top?
- My love for you is deeper than the lodes of Mithril in Khazad-dum.
- Speak, friend, and enter... your number in my phone.
- I'll be your Isildur and you can be my bane.
- I couldn't help but notice all of these losers circling you like Nazgul... why don't we get out of here and go back to my Mathom-house?
- No, we haven't met, unless you count in the Mirror of Galadriel.
- Your beauty has pierced my heart like a Morgul Blade.
- I'm not usually this forward, but, you've broken down my barriers like Grond.
- ~offering the Red Arrow~
- Was that a Middle-Earthquake? or did you just rock my world?
- I've heard about a great new club... want to go There and Back Again?
- You've got beautiful eyes, they sparkle like the Mirrormere.
- I'd climb the Endless Stair to be with you.
- "If you are not Luthien, then you walk in her likeness."
- Sauron: "I've only got Eye for you"
- "Pardon me, but are you elvish? You've been running through my mind without pause!"
- "If loving you is El-Rond, I don't wanna be El-Right!"
- Thorondor: Going my way?
- If you were an orc, I'd be sting. When you're near me, I glow!
- If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it, precious.
- Are we in Lord of The Rings? Cause I swear you're my precious...
- You shall not pass... without giving me your number.
- Certainty of death, *small* chance of success... What are we waiting for?
- "Why couldn't Tom Bombadil hear the telephone?"
- "Because the ring had no effect on him."
- "Give me a ring later."
- "What's a nice elf like you doing in a place like this?"
- "Didn't we meet at the orc siege the other night?"
(/\ please note, this thread contains a lot of innuendo, only click if you don't mind that sort of thing)
- Sauron: "I've had my eye on you for a long time, baby."
- Gollum: "Want to see my precious?"
- Denethor to guard: Come on baby, light my fire.