Go get it!
This 'technology preview' works with the Revit 2012 platform (Architecture, Structure and, most importantly, MEP).
From the Overview Page:
With eTransmit for Revit, you can:
- Copy and detach a Revit model and associated files to a single folder for internet transmission. This removes the typical error messages when you copy central files using the operating system.
- Locate dependent files automatically and include them in the transmittal folder, helping to reduce the possibility of error. All dependent files are automatically converted to use relative paths so the dependent files can be located by the model.
- Choose to include related dependent files such as linked Revit models, CAD files, DWF™ markups, decal images, and external keynote files. You can transmit any Revit (.rvt) model that has been upgraded to be compatible with a 2012 Revit software product.
- Transmit models that are using file-based worksharing or server-based worksharing. eTransmit for Revit will also work with non-workshared Revit models.
Common uses for eTransmit
- Internal archiving
- Sending deliverables to clients
- Model exchange between consultants/partners
- Model cleanup
- Sharing models between disciplines
AvailabilityThe technology preview will operate until December 31, 2011.
Don't forget to give feedback to the developers.