2005-12-09

Quick Navigation Tip and Response Request to GAUG Members at AU

I took Donnia Tabor-Hanson's AUGI Tips and Tricks class at AU and it was fabulous!
Jen Leamy (aka augi CADKitty and ATP Recruiter) suggested a tip about qselect, and I asked if I could say something about it, hopped up on stage and mentioned one of my favorite uses for qselect...
I have some pretty big floor plans, and sometimes I am asked for measurements or other information of a specific room, and rather than zoom in close enough to read the numbers and pan around until I find it... I use a combination of qselect and zoom to object...
Let's assume I know the exact room number, Qselect > Object Type: Text (or Mtext) > Properties: Contents > Operator: =Equals > Value: 4401 (or whatever your number is) > OK
so, somewhere on that drawing, that room number has been selected, so you can hit 'Z' 'O' (for Zoom to Object) which will take you right to the room that you are looking for.
Enjoy!

Also, I sent out a notice today to all of the members of the Gateway AUG asking who attended AU this year, but, I got a lot of bounces... if you attended Autodesk University in Orlando and DID NOT get that message, please send me an email as soon as possible at mstone@icadc.com.
Thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of Qselect, but I could not get it to see text in a block...do you know how I could do that?

Mistress of the Dorkness said...

I'm using 2006, and I went to the edit menu to use 'Find'

the find and replace dialog comes up, and in the search results, there are buttons to the right, and the bottom on says 'Zoom to'.

Does that help you?